This Diwali was a wakeup call for many Indians, especially in cities like New Delhi.
Air pollution has suddenly become one of the biggest public health issues in the country and the governments are doing little to solve the problem. Forced to take on the problem alone, the consumers have ended up becoming dependent on the stop-gap arrangements like air purifiers, making it a lucrative product category for the consumer technology companies.
To tap the growing segment, Panasonic has expanded its air purifier portfolio in the market with the introduction of seven new models. Priced starting INR 11,995, the air cleaners come equipped with the technology to filter out PM 2.5 particles, which are considered most harmful to the human body as our body’s natural filters are not able to stop them.
According to the official press release, Panasonic’s new air filters can cater to room sizes from 283 sq. ft. to 452 sq. ft. The purifiers also come with house-dust catcher, which helps in eliminating hair, fine dust particles, germs and mold.
Other Salient details about the launch:
- Available with two types of air-filters – HEPA Composite and Composite Air Filter
- Composite Air Filter can inhibit 17 kinds of virus, bacteria and allergens up to 99%.
- HEPA Composite Air Filter can remove 99.7% particles from the air
- Air filters have a life of 10 years
Pricing and models
- F-PBJ30ADD [Orange] – INR 11,995
- F-PXJ30AAD [Turquoise] – INR 16,995
- F-PXM35ASD [Silver] – INR 20,995
- F-PXM35AAD [Flower] – INR 21,995
- F-VXM35AAD [L-Blue] – INR 27,995
- F-PXM55AND [C-Gold] – INR 34,995
- F-PXM55AAD [O-Blue] – INR 33,995
More details at the Panasonic website.