With the launch in China, iPad mini and the fourth generation iPad are currently available in more than 100 countries worldwide including the US, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan and the UK, noted Apple in a press release.
If you already don’t know, Apple iPad mini is the smaller and cheaper iPad and comes with features like 7.9-inch Multi-Touch display, FaceTime HD and 5 megapixel iSight cameras, and 10 hours of battery life. On the other hand, the fourth generation iPad features a 9.7-inch Retina display, A6X chip, and FaceTime HD camera. Both iPad mini and the new fourth generation iPad come with iOS 6.
According to Apple, iPad mini and the fourth generation iPad will be available through Apple retail stores, apple.com and select Apple Authorized Resellers in China.
Coming to the pricing:
- iPad mini WiFi + Cellular 16GB: RMB 3,488 (US $561)
- iPad mini WiFi + Cellular 32 GB: RMB 4,288 (US $690)
- iPad mini WiFi + Cellular 64 GB: RMB 5,088 (US $818)
- Fourth generation iPad WiFi + Cellular 16GB: RMB 4,688 (US $754)
- Fourth generation iPad WiFi + Cellular 32GB: RMB 5,488 (US $882)
- Fourth generation iPad WiFi + Cellular 64GB: RMB 6,288 (US $1,011)
Apple has also revealed that iPad 2 is available at just US $399 in the country.
Image Credit: Xinhua